Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You don't get any younger


I told a friend stories of my rabid fangirlism on pop rock bands when I was younger.

I used to scourge for front row tickets, to follow bands to their hotels an hour prior to their concert. I used to spazz, spazz, spazz and spazz about these bands and their band members. I used to love them and day dreamed they'd love me back. You can only imagine how much of a fangirl I was.

Maybe you have experienced that stage as well.

I think that was nothing but a stage for me.

Now thinking of all the trouble I went to... it tires me.

Musicians I like have come and gone in the country, I don't think I was able to watch a single act. (Except for that free Jabbawockeez-Kris Allen concert courtesy of Lia Reyes -thanks!)

First of all concert tickets are so expensive...

Secondly, I don't think I can go through all the spazzing anymore... the effort of running after your idols to get their autographs, pushing people past you so you can get the dead center front row spot.

I kind of feel old. Physically, emotionally and all.

Plus, I don't think I have an ultimate super duper favorite musician today anymore. (Except for John Mayer of course who is one hell of a wise, talented ass. It's weird. I wouldn't even spazz to see J.Mayer. Maybe I'd just stand and listen.)

I feel that I feel too busy to have an ultimate super duper favorite. All I do today is put my player on shuffle or listen to my latest song downloads.

Maybe, today, all I want to do is... sleep when I can, drink when I can, draw and paint beautiful pictures (find my art style), take photos, take better photos, watch a film, shoot a film, spend time with my lover, spend time with my friends, eat out, eat in, play with my dogs, hit the beaches, go on a trip somewhere far.

Man, I am old really...

~ 1 comments: ~

Janna Ilano says:
at: March 31, 2010 at 3:55 PM said...

Tumatanda na tayo! Haha! Nakakapagod tumakbo ng tumakbo for them. May ibang paraan to show our appreciation sa music nila. Sometimes, just to stand and listen to them is enough. Sometimes, all we need to do is just really understand what they are trying to say.

~ Post a Comment ~

+

Followers

About Me

My photo
20 year old city girl who loves the city lights. Crazy for art, spontaneous eat-outs and drive-aways.

Stats